Nidos Intranet

Your mentor

If you live in a COA reception centre, in a small accommodation unit [Kleine Woon Eenheid (KWE)] or a children’s accommodation unit [Kinder Woon Groep (KWG)], you will have a mentor. Your mentor works for the COA. Your mentor is someone whom you can talk to when you are lonely for instance, and he or she is also the person who teaches you things in order to become independent, such as getting up on time for school. Your mentor will also teach you how to deal with money, do grocery shopping, cook and tidy your room. The COA mentor tries to give you a place where you can feel at home.